The Lynn Mall BTR project is all about unlocking the vertical potential of retail. The project will see the creation of a vibrant and healthy community with a deep connection to place ad strong promotion of neighbourhood values. As one of the first true BTR developments in New Zealand, this project aims to set a benchmark for future multi-residential dwellings. i2C | Ryder is proud to be working on the design of this exciting project, which promises an innovative and dynamic future for the retail and residential sectors.
Ngāti Tamaterā Country | New Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand
Lynn Mall BTR aspires to create a vibrant and healthy community with a deep connection to place and strong promotion of neighbourhood values.
The Lynn Mall Build to Rent project is a unique development that promises an exciting future for multi-residential dwellings in New Zealand. The project has received Green Star 5 commercial and retail and Homestar 7 residential ratings, highlighting its commitment to sustainability and energy efficiency.
Showcasing a diverse mix of specialty retail on the ground plane with commercial offices above, the podium seeks to inject new life into the surrounding streetscape and contribute to forming strong foundations for the metropolitan centre of New Lynn.
The residential component within the development rises centrally out of the podium due to 6m street frontage setbacks along the west and south, being Memorial Drive and Totara Ave respectively. The residential tower consists of 19 levels, totalling 244 build to rent apartments with a mix of 60% 1 bed and 40% 2 beds.
The site connects directly with the existing Lynn Mall Shopping Centre and provides residents with a wide variety of retail, entertainment and dining experiences. With its commitment to sustainability and innovative design, the Lynn Mall Build to Rent project promises to be a benchmark development for the retail and residential sectors.
Lynn Mall BTR has received Green Star 5 commercial and retail and Homestar 7 residential ratings
- Acknowledgment of active frontage extents along Memorial Drive and continuing around to Totara Ave
- Identifying large expanse of service and loading area to the south east corner of the sites
- Retail activation back into internal mall
RESIDENTIAL TOWER CONFIGURATION
- 55m maximum diagonal length of tower volume within the site as per the Metropolitan Centre precinct provisions
- 6m setback from street frontage along Memorial Drive and Totara Ave above 32.5m street frontage height limit
- East-west orientation prevents maximum diagonal tower length to be achieved
- Furthermore, east-west orientation sees a significant number of south facing apartments
- North-south orientation provide extensive daylight access to both east and west facing apartments, and negates any south facing unit
ACTIVE FRONTAGE AND CENTRAL CORE
- Consolidating and concealing vehicle access and services zone to the south-east corner of the site in order to maximum the extent of active retail frontage along Memorial Drive and Totara Avenue
- Central core with lobby off Memorial Drive in order to facilitate the merging of different programs within the site
- At height, desirable views have been identified as being toward Auckland CBD to the north-east, Whau River to the north-west, Waitakere Ranges to the west, and Blockhouse Bay to the south-west
SCN – Residential retail fusion, UK v Australian perspective
Recent evidence shows residential retail is becoming more and more popular as developers diversify their portfolios to lead towards creating the best destinations across Australia.
The future of mixed-use and what makes a successful design
Our cities are changing and we’re living more densely; the ways in which we live, work and play are worlds apart from a decade ago...
City of Monash’s first Build to Rent development
We are proud to announce that i2C|Ryder will deliver the City of Monash’s first Build to Rent Development in Oakleigh South, known as Fieldworx House.